The Lagos State Sports Commission has launched the Monopoly Board Game as an Official Sport in the state.
At a Press Conference which took place on August 4th 2016 at the Indoor Sports Hall of the Teslim Balogun Stadium, a landmark on the City of Lagos Edition of Monopoly, the CEO of Bestman Games Mrs. Nimi Akinkugbe, expressed her gratitude to the Management of Lagos State Sport Commission for taking the bold step in recognizing Monopoly as an Official Sport.
The Chairman of Lagos State Sport Commission Mr. Deji Tinubu commended the effort of the Management of Bestman Games and expressed his delight that Hasbro’s world-renowned game should join the suite of games that are played under the auspices of the Sports Commission. This is in line with the commission’s commitment to building more productive and collaborative working relationships with stakeholders.
In a bid to ensure that secondary school students from across the state learn how to play the game, Bestman Games Limited recently organized a “Train the Trainer” mini tournament for 100 teachers who will in turn prepare the students for the upcoming Under-17 Monopoly Championship scheduled to hold on September 17th, 2016 at the Teslim Balogun Stadium where 2,000 players from 100 Lagos schools will compete for the grand prize of a N1 million Educational Grant. Bestman Games welcomes individuals and corporate organizations to “Adopt a School” and be a part of the landmark event.
The City of Lagos Edition Monopoly was launched in 2012 and was the first African City Edition of Hasbro’s board game. This iconic edition of the MONOPOLY game distinguishes the mega city of Lagos and promotes its beauty, showcasing the legendary city’s historic landmarks and familiar streets.
The Monopoly board game is much more than a board game with several practical lessons embedded in it, which promote entrepreneurship and economic empowerment.
- It offers immense educational value and is an excellent vehicle for teaching important real life lessons and skills; it fosters communication and social interaction, enhances numeracy skill, negotiation, cooperation, mind stimulation and critical thinking for both the young and the elderly.
- It demonstrates important lessons about competing and winning sportingly or losing graciously.
- It underscores the importance of strategic planning
- It promotes and encourages strong ethical values and a sense of integrity amongst players by penalizing negative or dishonest behavior, and rewarding positive actions in a symbolic but fun way through the opportunity and chance cards.
- It reinforces the importance of family values by creating a reason for quality family time.
- It instills a sense of community both at home and in diaspora by presenting a customized board game that we can relate to, including its own legendary streets, landmarks, and historic sites making it a wonderful tool for tourism in the state.
Other exciting products in the Bestman Games product suite include “The City of Lagos Top trumps” & the “Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge Jigsaw Puzzle”
For more information about other activities and tournaments please visit bestmangames.com or contact email@example.com or call 07087252946.